Loading docks are a key part of a facility’s infrastructure, especially for warehouses, manufacturing plants, industrial buildings, and distribution centers. The loading dock is a critical center for movement of materials, equipment, and products in and out of the facility. However, these areas often present serious safety concerns for employees. Severe injury accidents or even deaths can occur at busy loading docks if proper safety precautions are not taken. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Safety Council report that twenty-five percent of all industrial accidents happen at loading docks. Workers need to pay particular attention to what they are doing and always be aware of other employees that are present, especially during the operation of forklifts...
- Food Safety at Loading Docks
- Training Truckers for Unloading
- Know Your Dock Hazards: Top Three Loading Dock Dangers
- Loading Dock Maintenance Checklist
- How Energy Efficiency at Loading Docks Impacts Your Operations' Bottom Line