A dock leveler hold-down, also known as holdown, or ramp control work as the name implies, holds down the dock leveler.   If your leveler won't stay down you most likely need to replace the holdown.   If you are lucky you may not need to replace the entire holdown.  It might just be the ratchet bar and pawl.   If you need to know part numbers for your leveler, please email us or give us a call we would be glad to help you.

We offer upgraded auto-release (AR) versions of many of the popular holdowns.  You can read more about that here.